Wednesday, February 27, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Part 1: Federal Agencies’ Programs, Funding Opportunities and Strategies to Eliminate Childhood Lead Poisoning and Undertake Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Housing Initiatives, including presentations by the HUD Office of Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Center for Disease Control, and the Food and Drug Administration.
Part 2: Strategies for Using CDBG Funds for Healthy Housing and Home Repair Projects
Part 3: Lessons Learned from States Utilizing CHIP’s Health Services Initiative
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Luncheon and Panel Discussion with Congressional Staff
2:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Two Concurrent Educational Tracks
Track #1: Legal Remedies for Advancing Lead Hazard Control Programs
- Litigations against paint manufacturers: the California experience and other state litigation efforts
- Legislative initiatives at the state and local levels
- Strengthening local housing codes
Track #2: Healthy Housing Research Developments
- The CAPABLE intervention model for older adults
- Environmental modifications for people with COPD
- The HOME study
- The ongoing EARTH study on radon testing
Networking Reception and Exhibit Viewing