2019 Northeast Regional Lead and Healthy Housing Conference
November 13 – 14, 2019
Held at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport
Wednesday, November 13
7:30 a.m. – Conference Registration
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Opening General Session on City, State and Federal and Private Funding Opportunities for Financing Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention, Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Housing Programs
Part 1: Federal and State Funding Opportunities
Part 2: The latest on lead in drinking water, including EPA grant opportunities
Part 3: Financing structures and mechanisms that can enable private investment from philanthropies, lenders, an others to flow into the remediation of lead in buildings and water service lines
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Lunch Provided
1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Two Concurrent Educational Tracks
Track #1 on Lead Poisoning Prevention Issues
- Using an on-line tool to calculate the cost and economic benefits of preventing childhood lead exposure
- How communities can benefit from the new Lead Legal Strategies Partnership
- Outcomes of the Philly Lead Poisoning Prevention Summit, including information on landlord requirements, certification of day care facilities, and the introduction of demolition safety bills
Track #2 on Healthy and Safe Housing Issues
- Identifying and dealing with pollutants other than lead – a two-hour workshop
- Bed bug control: practices and recent research studies
5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Networking Reception and Exhibit Viewing
Thursday, November 14
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Exhibit Viewing with Coffee and Refreshments
8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. – Meeting of the National Safe and Healthy Housing Coalition
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Two Concurrent Educational Tracks
Track #1 on Lead Poisoning Prevention and Lead Hazard Control Issues
- Comparing HUD’s dust clearance standards vs. EPA’s dust clearance standards
- How municipalities use housing codes to advance childhood lead poisoning prevention
- New and emerging sources of lead poisoning and how to convince parents to stop using leaded products and home remedies
Track #2 on Healthy and Safe Housing Issues
- Safe and healthy housing inspection and remediation strategies
- Hoarding: Dealing with health and safety issues
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Lunch on your own
1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – General Session on Identifying Community Resources and Collaborating Opportunities to Advance Lead Poisoning Prevention and Address Unsafe and Unhealthy Housing Problems
- Expanding the healthy homes workforce: finding the right partners, strategies and funding
- Assuring that children exposed to lead receive Early Intervention services in your state
- The importance of the community Development Sector in addressing lead and (un)healthy homes
5:00 p.m. – Conference Adjournment
Location and Hotel Information
Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport, 9000 Bartram Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19153
The conference will be held at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport, 9000 Bartram Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19153. To make hotel reservations, call the hotel at 215.365.4500 and tell reservations that you are attending the Northeast Regional Lead and Healthy Housing Conference to receive the conference room rate of $199.00 for single or double.
To be guaranteed the conference room rate, reservations must be made by October 13, 2019.
Having trouble making your hotel reservations at the conference rate?
Every accommodation is a luxurious two-room hotel suite. All suites include flat screen TV in both the living room and bedroom, two data port telephones, wireless high speed capability, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.
The hotel’s facilities include:
Complimentary continental breakfasts – hot and cold
Complimentary Manager’s Happy Hour reception each night
Complimentary shuttle between the airport and the hotel running every 30 minutes
Free local calls
Parking is $5 per day
Indoor swimming pool
Whirlpool and 24-hour fitness center
24-hour business center
For those registering after October 15, 2019:
For 1 person from an organization $250
For 2 or 3 persons from an organization $225 per person
For 4 or more persons from an organization $200 per person
Conferences Designed to Help Program Managers
As a program manager – new or old – you are not alone. The trials and tribulations that you face have been dealt with by others. The conferences provide you with answers and insights based on the successful experiences of other grant managers through technical assistance workshops and educational sessions.
Also of great value is the opportunity you’ll have to network with fellow managers and program staff from throughout the region.
Environmental health practitioners, health educators, environmental hazard remediation professionals, and building operators face growing challenges. From tight budgets to issues of political and public support to determining appropriate work practices and to questions of environmental science, they all face mounting concerns of how to effectively operate and sustain programs, projects and businesses. The main purpose of the conferences is to help attendees explore solutions to the challenges that are encountered each day in efforts to implement success programs.
Have Any Questions or Interested in Making a Presentation for a Future Conference?
Contact us using the following secure email form.